View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 21:44   #997  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsong View Post
Questions:

- is there any way to 'see' the avisynth output as FRIMencode sees it, and perhaps see a proper media-info AVS patterns am I looking for

- is there a way to use an ffmpeg/avs script to generate an uncompressed transport stream (rather than an AVI file), that FRIMencode can 'see' and use with less 'resistance'?

- lastly, is the I420 error coming from FRIMEncode, or the Intel engine w FRIMEncode is just passing it on? Is there a way I can directly test the Intel setup with these various raw test files and verify my Intel setup?
Q: is there any way to 'see' the avisynth output as FRIMencode sees it
A: FRIM uses old native Windows API from vfw.h: AVIFileOpen(), AVIFileGetStream(), ... , AVIFileRelease()
Thus all AviSynth magic is hidden to it somewhere in background

Q: is there a way to use an ffmpeg/avs script to generate an uncompressed transport stream (rather than an AVI file), that FRIMencode can 'see' and use with less 'resistance'?
A: indeed, ffmpeg can produce raw video in requested format, check its help for all options

(only principle description, but working)

ffmpeg -i inputfile -pix_fmt yuv420p -vcodec rawvideo -an outputfile.yuv

where outputfile.yuv will be in YV12 or I420 (I'm not exactly sure, they differ only by order of UV, VU respectively)

Now, you can connect ffmpeg to FRIM using pipes

ffmpeg -i inputfile -pix_fmt yuv420p -vcodec rawvideo -an pipe:1.yuv | FRIMencode32 -i - -o:h264 output.h264 -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 [and other FRIM encoding options]

Optionally you could use also named pipes, which is a bit more tricky. The abobe stdout-stdin pipe works as well.

Q: lastly, is the I420 error coming from FRIMEncode, or the Intel engine w FRIMEncode is just passing it on? Is there a way I can directly test the Intel setup with these various raw test files and verify my Intel setup?
A: This error is coming from FRIM, when it requests video stream in I420 chroma format using AVIStreamGetFrameOpen(). When it fails, you get this bitmap.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote