View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 02:47   #996  |  Link
mindsong

Still trying:

Cranked up a VM with a raw W7, and both the completely minimal x86/x64 toolchains - frim/intel/ffdshow/avisynth - x86/x64 isolated

No luck - same I420 issue.

The reason I revisit this thread, is when the FRIM tools start and run the many tested avisynth variants and fails to 'see' the output, even though the error process indicates that the avisynth is *working*, because a valid BMP file is created when the error occurs - it seems like AVIsynth is properly starting and working, but not 'sharing' its results with the FRIM tools. How to test this?

I wonder if perhaps there's an environment setting I've missed - perhaps not in the fddshow side, but maybe in a temp-file location, named-pipe setup (I haven't used them), or maybe some 'assumed' avisynth plugin/routine that tries to send the output to FRIMENcode, but fails if that plugin/script isn't available, etc. (I've removed all plugins - my testing AVIsynth is 'naked' - is this OK?)

I've used the frim (1.30) -debug modes, but there is no magic window into how FRIM starts avisynth, and how it gathers and then passes the stream data to the Intel conversion engines. Just the proper BMP on error. It feels so close to working.

Another angle I've experimented with is using ffmpeg's avisynth mode to generate outputs that I think should be readable to my FRIM tools. The files also look reasonable to my eye (media-info/ffprobe), but aren't handled any better (or differently) as uncompressed YUV4:2:0 AVIs, and I don't know how to generate a transport stream (3840x1080 sbs) output that makes FRIMencode happy. I've tried many of the raw outputs and get 600M files from ffmpeg for the MyScript.avs script above, but none of them generate the output I'm hoping for (or expecting).

Questions:

- is there any way to 'see' the avisynth output as FRIMencode sees it, and perhaps see a proper media-info AVS patterns am I looking for

- is there a way to use an ffmpeg/avs script to generate an uncompressed transport stream (rather than an AVI file), that FRIMencode can 'see' and use with less 'resistance'?

- lastly, is the I420 error coming from FRIMEncode, or the Intel engine w FRIMEncode is just passing it on? Is there a way I can directly test the Intel setup with these various raw test files and verify my Intel setup?

(Maybe FRIM is working perfectly and my Intel stuff is partially broken - it *seems* to be working, so I'm not looking there (yet)).

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!

--ms

Last edited by mindsong; 26th February 2020 at 02:50.
mindsong is offline   Reply With Quote