View Single Post
Old 26th August 2014, 07:56   #77  |  Link
Thalyn

Well, last night's tests were a rousing success. And Tai Chi 0/Hero (Mandarin audio) were nice and easy ones to double-check - they had fixed-depth planes. Turns out I'd previously done them with a fixed depth of 6 as a result of PowerDVD's output which, as r0lZ and I discovered, is exactly 2 short of where it should be. v0.45 gave the correct 8 from start to finish. I'll take a look at The Guillotines when these are done but I have no doubts left at all.

Curiously, is the 3D Avatar anything like the collector's 2D version? I've noticed it has a "forced" subtitle track, but the timestamps on that track are completely wrong (or they were when I tried to use it). That meant all the Na'vi subtitles would have been and gone within the first few minutes if I used it. Wound up having to manually scour the full sub track (there's a lot of dialogue in that movie!) and pick out the Na'vi tracks by hand, using the forced track as a counter to make sure I got them all.

I also gave sView a look. It seems very promising - easy enough to set up, albeit a little vague without the instructions, and it gives good results. It is lacking a bit of "polish" though. Just little things, like being able to double-click the window to toggle fullscreen (alt+Enter doesn't even work), chapter support (at least chapters as defined by MP4Box) and it has limited seeking functions. But it works, seems to run nicely and gives pretty good output - at least with a passive screen.