View Single Post
Old 27th July 2009, 17:11   #4  |  Link
ps auxw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusX View Post
I'd like to give this program a try, but I'm new to AVIsynth usage:

video=AviSource("video.avi")
MaskSub("subtitles.ext",video.width,video.height,video.framerate,video.framecount)

I'm trying to use an ASS file. What is the "avisource" referred to above? When using an ASS file, what is the video referenced to in this script?

How do I determine the "framecount" of the ASS file that I intend to use?
I am sorry if my description was a bit confusing. In this case "video.avi" is supposed to be the video the subtitles will be displayed on. I used it as a simple way of getting dimensions and length for the subtitle rendering. You can also use something like this:

Code:
MaskSub("subtitles.ass",1920,1080,23.976024,framecount)
Where framecount is the frame number of the underlying video after the last subtitle, or just the frame number of the last frame for the video the subtitles will be applied to. You can calculate it like this:
length in seconds * framerate

So if your last subtitle ends at 01:24:05.4 and the BluRay you will be mastering is 24000/1001 fps, your framecount will be: (60*60*1 + 60 * 24 + 5.4) * (24000 / 1001) = 120969 (round up)

Of course, you could also just use a high value for framecount that's sure to be more than enough (like 216000 for length below 2 hours). That'll just make conversion take a bit longer, but shouldn't hurt otherwise.

I hope things are a bit clearer now. If not, please ask.

Last edited by ps auxw; 27th July 2009 at 21:30.
ps auxw is offline   Reply With Quote