View Single Post
Old 15th October 2009, 23:09   #10130  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
So the whole idea of a GUI / mixer goes out the window. Either that or mpcs GUI isn't correctly displaying what it's reading based on the structure in your link. You must at least see that.

If mpc reads that structure you link to then in your case it's obviously not parsing it correctly as t visually shows u outputting to the choice read by the structure. Ie your stricture should contain side left and right side as the choice but even on your machine you admit mpc shows visually back l and r. Not concerned? I Am because I know this is wrong and has a negative effect.

Not gonna keep repeating this. It's obviously wrong.

EDIT: no I don't have back channels. Mpc reads back instead of side from this structure you talk about. It has negatve effects for me but obviously not for you. My card thinks it's getting input for back channels which it knows I don't have so does it's best to mix out to my sides. This leads to channel bleeding. Hard to notice but my card a only doing it's best to make sure I hear those back outputs from mpc. Negative effect is it doesn't perfectly replicate the back inputs it gets to my sides. I believe ur card is also Reading back from mpc in 5.1 mode and is sendng to your side so you think all s perfect. Doesn't mean mpc isn't still at fault as it just is lol
So what I understand is that when you select a 5.1 config in windows's speaker setup you still can hear sound from the back output too (in addition to the side out) although in the setup you have side speakers. Correct ?
Is this happening only with MPC-HC (and FFDShow) ?