View Single Post
Old 21st January 2011, 17:51   #15  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Concerning "stories" with lower C1/C2 - it doesn't matter which burner did the recording when assessing the quality afterwards - it performed bad or well at the time of the burning.
My point exactly. Just because 35 years ago you burned a batch of perfect CDs and today your burns aren't as good, how can you say it's because they're not making media to the same quality today unless there's no other variables? i.e. You're still using the same burner with exactly the same brand of blanks.

Quote:
Lower C1/C2/jitter/TA assure the logevity of a CDR (DVDR), provided the dye would also play with and the conditions are appropriate. These value won't change because one just bought another recorder
Well I think you'll find you're the one who said the values have changed.
"I own some CDRs that are some 12 years old but still yield lower C1/C2 than a brand new CDR burnt yesterday."
So have the values changed, or haven't they?

Quote:
- it's like saying that the old car will suddenly start consuming 15 l/100km (instead of 8) the day you bought a new car.
No it's like saying you got 15l/100km from your old car, expecting to get 15l/100km from your new car, and when you don't you claim the quality of the fuel must have changed.

I've tried TY discs a few times before and failed to see what all the fuss is about. It's not that they're poor quality by any means, but on average, I get slightly better quality burns using Verbatim discs.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote