View Single Post
Old 20th April 2016, 19:46   #965  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

MakeMKV v1.9.10 is (almost) OK to use with BD3D2MK3D

I confirm that the stereoscopy is correctly saved in the MKV header and the 3D-Plane number in the "3d-plane" tag of the subtitle stream. Therefore, MakeMKV v1.9.10 generates now 3D-MVC MKV files with the full information necessary to convert them to SBS or T&B with BD3D2MK3D. Good point.

I confirm also that BD3D2MK3D recognises that information correctly. You can use BD3D2MK3D v0.88 without problem with the MKV files created by MakeMKV v1.9.10 or greater.

However, the terrible EAC3/DD+ bug is still not fixed. Therefore, you still need to include the 5.1 core of the EAC3 tracks in MakeMKV if you want to include it in the final MKV, and it is totally impossible to use the full EAC3 track. Pity. I hope that that bug will be fixed soon.

Of course, if you open a 3D-MVC MKV file created with MakeMKV v1.9.9 or any previous version, the information will still be missing, and you will have to enter it manually. For that reason, it will always be possible to modify the views order and the 3D-Plane numbers in the BD3D2MK3D GUI. But you should do it only if you see the red warnings.

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th April 2016 at 19:51.