View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:36   #150  |  Link
DTL

New version: https://github.com/DTL2020/mvtools/r.../r.2.7.46-a.15

Added diagonal interpolated overlap mode to MDegrainN of 2x blocks number to process. IntOvlp=3 with SAD re-check and IntOvlp=4 with interpolated SAD.
Added more error messages if non-compatible options provided for MSuper/MAnalyse/MDegrainN.
Updated documentation with new options. Updated file is https://github.com/DTL2020/mvtools/b.../mvtools2.html
Added meander scan in the combined luma+chroma overlapped processing - may be better reuse of cached ref planes data.

Now the IntOvlp=3 is the typical everyday usage mode because it is much better in speed and very close to the quality as IntOvlp=1. Only about 30% slower in compare with no-overlap processing at i5-9600 with SO=5. It is close or equal to old BlockOverlap plugin operation.

Now for the future possible to make many combined modes of speed/quality:
1. Diagonal overlap search onCPU in MAnalyse.
2. Diagonal overlap is compatible with DX12ME and can double load of accelerator with 'real' search - may be used when host CPU speed is low and accelerator is underloaded.
Some internal flags may be added to MVs clip to indicate if it contain diagonal overlapped MVs data.
MDegrainN may also accept 2 MVs clips from 2 MAnalyse for original and diagonally shifted blocks seach data using any combinations of onHWAcc (single or dual) or onCPU search. To balance loading between host CPU and a single or multiply accelerators. As I see after-mining secondhand headless cards with may be equal to GTX1060 chip are now avaialble at Aliexpress at about $35..50.
Though the quality between real searched 2 MVs planes for diagonal overlap mode and second interpolated MVs set need to be examined - may be too low difference. May be only worth is host CPU too slow for MDegrainN and many free accerelators resources available.

Last edited by DTL; 3rd August 2022 at 09:47.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote