View Single Post
Old 26th November 2005, 18:24   #1  |  Link
joemadeus

Capturing AVIs w/ PVR-150

I bought one of Hauppauge's PVR-150 capture cards, not realizing I couldn't capture raw frames, run them through Huffyuv and save the resulting AVI. I've been trying to work around this, and I actually have a filter graph put together that'll do what I want (I attached it to this post) but I don't know how to take that graph and make the equivalent work in, say, VirtualDub. I assume that building a graph in GraphEdit is just a way to make sure that a combination of filters, etc., works before coding something (in other words, before creating your own capture app or something.)

I can run GraphEdit with the loaded graph, but the audio goes out of sync really quickly and I'd like to have at least some PVR/VCR-like support (GE doesn't have this, of course.)

Where do I go from here? I don't want to buy another video cap card (though the idea of capturing digital video appeals to me.) I've been through the guides, the faqs and the forums on this, VCDHelp.com and shspvr.com -- no luck.

I've tried:
* DScaler: Captures avi frames, but doesn't allow me to compress using Huffyuv and there's no audio
* VirtualDub: Captures AVI with a 4cc of HCW2 (Hauppauge's) and I can't load Hauppauge's color format converter (it's a .ax file?)
* VirtualVCR: I can load the color format converter, but it doesn't capture, failing with 'E_FAIL: 80004005' error. No idea what that means.
* MPEG captures: well, this works, of course, but even on high bitrates I wind up with artefacts. I'd rather process the raw frames myself and get better quality.

Thanks!

-j
Attached Images

Last edited by joemadeus; 26th November 2005 at 18:59.
joemadeus is offline   Reply With Quote