Quote:
Originally Posted by awhitehead View Post
Title: Full Metal Jacket (US)
Studio: Warner Brothers
Modification Date: 4/17/2006 8:57 PM
UDF volume name: FULL_METAL_JACKET

HEX to ASCII translates this to FULLMETALJAC
Thanks all!

This is indeed funny. A week ago I was really concerned about this Volume ID. I thought it would be very hard to get. But well...

I guess there are now 3 types of Volume IDs

1) With Date/Time
2) With 2x24bit? + 6 Captials WGHDVM (possibly fixed)
3) With the name of the movie!

I'm not sure how many replicators there are. But the person that fills in the Volume ID can do this after the Media Key/MKB are made and signed by the AACS LA (in their little "bunker"). So yes Replicators could do that. I'm curious who makes this decision and to what extend they can be "forced" to use a more random code. Well anyway. Maybe we can use barcodes to see if we can categorize them? I wonder if we have found all types used so far.

Of course they could change this Volume ID into a more random number. But as long as they don't we might aswell take advatage of it.

Does anybody have more of the WGHDVM type? The other 2 are pretty clear now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazzido View Post
hey

is volume id in blu-ray avaible is it useable? i can try to put my bluray burner in a usb case and sniff the usb port.
Ooh yes! I would be very interested if this also works for Blu-Ray (according to the common specs it should). I'm also curious if they use a standardized system or something.

I would also be interested if this works with PowerDVD. Since it detects debuggers I wonder if it will detect sniffers too. If not then maybe we can devise a way to cloack it (the sniffer also uses a service so that may be hard to do).

And for those application/GUI programmers out there: since USB sniffer is open source maybe we can strip it from all things we don't need and make it a one-click type of application to retrieve the Volume ID only: "Volume ID Sniffer" . That could be very helpful in the future. Maybe we could also make one for directly connected IDE drives.

I'm going hunting for a Media and Processing Key .

Regards,

arnezami

Last edited by arnezami; 11th February 2007 at 18:18.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote