View Single Post
Old 9th September 2022, 22:26   #1  |  Link
zazon

Handbrake Very Slow

Hello Gals and Guys -

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so feel free to move it if needed. I've been using Handbrake to code .m2ts files into Mp4s for some times now. In 2020 I bought a new faster PC and installed Handbrake. It worked great, but earlier this year I got a new SSD and had to re-install Windows. Now Handbrake is extremely slow, particularly the first pass, which used take less than five minutes now clocks in just under three hours. It's also takes its time when dropping a video in to scan. The second pass seems to take the about the same of time, but before it took 40 minutes give or take to code a video where it now takes three and halfiish hours. The only thing different is the the re-installing of the OS. All I can come up with is when I used to use RipBot, I installed some codecs, two of which were Haali and Mastroka, but I can't remember the third code and I dumped the files after I got my new PC as I was no longer using RipBot, so I could not put them on with the new SSDs and it''s sluggish ever since. Anyone have an idea of where I can look to come up with a fix for this? Thanks for any help.
zazon is offline   Reply With Quote