View Single Post
Old 29th June 2005, 15:24   #5  |  Link
thana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitram
MPEG is a group (Movie Picture Expert Group), who released a lot of standarts, with MPEG 1 Video, MPEG 1 Audio, MPEG1 Multiplexer and so on...
I would like to differenciate them.
yeah, i know. but then the really correct name would be "MPEG-1 Systems Multiplex". also the codecs are correctly written with a dash before the number, f.e. "MPEG-1 Audio" or "MPEG-2 Video" instead of "MPEG Audio 1" or "MPEG Video 2".

What about MPEG transport streams? are they supported? i tried a sample but mediainfo found only the video stream and no audio stream.. (http://www.nextcomwireless.com/R5000/samples.htm)

if they are not supported, the correct description for the MPEG-2 container would be "MPEG-2 Program Stream", because "MPEG-2 Systems Multiplex" describes both, program streams and transport streams.

Quote:
I don't have files with a container but without streams, could you send me one?
i didn't mean a container without any stream (would be quite useless), just one without an audio stream but with a video stream or the inverse.
but i just saw that this isn't a real problem, i was only confused because you called MPEG Elementary Streams "MPEG Video 1" etc. but you are probably correct, an elementary stream really doesn't have a container/format, its just the audio/video stream.

Quote:
Interested to have it.
i put it on my ftp. also i found some other samples which are detected incorrect. you can find them all in "video-samples" on my ftp. i will send you the address per pm.
thana is offline   Reply With Quote