View Single Post
Old 29th June 2005, 10:59   #4  |  Link
Zenitram

Thank you for your tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thana
just tested some files of my collection:
  • first of all, is .swf (flash) supported? its not mentioned anywhere but mediainfo finds mpeg-audio streams in some of them (albeit with bitrate 0).. i'm not sure if those are really mpeg audio streams, but it could very well be so..
  • No support of SWF.
    My MPEG audio parser has difficulties to detect false MPEG Audio, because MPEG Audio "magic value" is only 12 bits
    I will put more tests about coherancy of value (bitrate 0 and so on...)

Quote:
  • i guess "S-Mpeg 4 v3" should really be "MS-Mpeg 4 v3", right?
  • Writing error, will be corrected ;-)
    Quote:
  • why is the mpeg container called "MPEG 1 Multiplexer" instead of simply "MPEG 1"? is this the official name?
  • MPEG is a group (Movie Picture Expert Group), who released a lot of standarts, with MPEG 1 Video, MPEG 1 Audio, MPEG1 Multiplexer and so on...
    I would like to differenciate them.
    Quote:
  • "MPEG-4 Video" should maybe renamed to "MPEG-4 (A)SP" and "MPEG-4 AVC" to better differentiate the two variants
  • while "MPEG-4 Audio" is technically correct, i think it would be more helpfull for users if you would write "MPEG-4 Audio (AAC)" and maybe even "MPEG-4 Audio (HE-AAC)" too.
  • I will look at what I can do. Not sur to be able to always differenciate them.
    Quote:
  • the codecs in this .mov here (http://download.theforce.net/theater..._web_large.zip) are not recognised at all. according to mplayer they should be "ima4" (IMA ADPCM) for audio and "SVQ3" (Sorensen Video 3) for the video track.
  • this movie here (http://www.kollektiv-kaffeemaschine....erarbeitQT.mov) has exactly the same codecs, but this time "ima4" is detected as a second video track instead of the audio track.
  • I will download theses files
    Quote:
  • i would appreciate it if the actual FOURCC would be displayed somewhere in conjunction with your "translated" description
  • in the menu : Debug-->Advanced mode.
    Or : you can edit preferences (for "sheet" view, or HTML...), and add "%Codec%" (instead of "%Codec_String%)
    Quote:
  • whenever there is no audio or video track in a container, the codec name is displayed in the format-column too instead of the real container name, which is very confusing (at least for me).
  • I don't have files with a container but without streams, could you send me one?
    Quote:
  • i have another .mov on my hd (sorry, no link) which isn't recognised at all too. codecs are "Sorensen Video 3" and uncompressed pcm audio (FOURCC: "twos"). i can upload it somewhere if you want.
Interested to have it.
Quote:

that's it for now, more to come later =)
I am waiting for it
You can contact me with private messages.