View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:45   #1  |  Link
`Orum

DupStep, a duplicate frame detector & decimator (x64 only; alpha)

DupStep is a duplicate frame detector/decimator, currently in an "alpha" state. It was written from scratch by me, and is not based on any other similar filter, though it can emulate some. Although I normally don't release projects this early, I would like the community's help with regard to feedback, testing, and feature suggestions, so I'm making it available now.

Currently the project is only available for download via the attachment in this post.

Keep in mind I'm actively developing it and as it's still in alpha, thus many things are subject to big changes. Right now my priorities for upcoming releases are:
Code:
High priority:
- SSIM-based metric support
- Reduction kernel instead of atomics
- Frame prefetching for initial pass
- Linux support (probably via wine)
- Greatly improving the displayed information in the overlay (the 'show' parameter)
- Improve the dsstats.pl script to allow parameter input and computed stat output (currently only displays intermediate stats)

Medium priority:
- Cumulative error reduction
- Adding range-limiting support (Note: This is not the same as duplicate limiting!)
- RGB support
- VFR input

Low priority:
- 32-bit floating point color space support
- Dynamic threshold support
- Adding frame type support (see 'ptp' parameter) to other source filters (e.g. LSMASH, DSS2?)
Last but not least, the relevant links:
  • URLs for binary releases & code are unavailable while I work on new hosting for the project, sorry.
  • The post regarding the current release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DupStep_0.03.zip (112.8 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by `Orum; 18th September 2021 at 19:54.
`Orum is offline   Reply With Quote