View Single Post
Old 7th October 2011, 19:14   #12  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Hi JohnMeyer

Sorry to wake you up again, but, might I ask your permission to use the supplied clip to demo an
updated feature of Exblend().

The update will now use a Dclip (detection clip) eg the blurred version for the above problem clip,
but will use the good frames from the original unblurred clip. The unblending would be done (by
default) using the Dclip as source (just for the 2 blended frames) as, if the Dclip were necessary,
then it would likely produce worse quality if using the source clip to re-construct the unblended frames.
In addition, ExBlend() will now write a file giving frame numbers of the 1st frame in the blended pair,
in format "1 n" where '1' is optional and is the default for use in eg ClipClop() range/frame replacement plugin.
You could do BOTH passes (modes == 1 & 2) of ExBlend(), and then apply some kind of de-noising on the
resultant ExBlend() clips to create a denoised clip, and then using ClipClop() together with the
frames.txt file, replace the denoised frames into the ExBlend() output. Decimation would then be done
on that [with my preference being MultiDecimate()].
A rather long winded approach, 2 passes for ExBlend(), 1 pass for ClipClop(), and 2 for Multidecimate(),
but the results are quite good, I used MCDegrain script filter by Didee for the denosing, but any could
be used:-

MCDegrain: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161594

EDIT: the above MCDegrain would best be modifed for use on ExBlend output as I forgot the duplicated frame in
the 2nd blend position, best would be to use 3 frames prior to Blends, the 1st recovered frame, skip the 2nd
duplicated recovered frame, and use the 3 frames following that.

EDIT:- Currently trying to incorporate decimation into 2nd pass of ExBlend() to remove the necessity to use
Multidecimate, dont know how successful I shall be.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 12th October 2011 at 07:59.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote