View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2015, 18:39   #4  |  Link
Saintly

More Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Uh, if you want to make a backup, why are you messing with the audio and incurring a generational loss? Simply rip to an image, and burn it back to a CD.
tebasuna51 is indeed correct with his reply, but I find it passing strange you didn't notice EDIT in the title or how I created 3 sections, where only using two of them does exactly the backup you suggest, while the other allows you more control, for which I mentioned and gave reasons. You can also do minor edits to the CUE file without any loss. Some of those edits get ignored by a PS3 though, if metadata is present, so you may need to do a fuller edit, with very minor loss, to remove that metadata and get your CUE edits to work. One may wish to change track start and end points or re-arrange track order or add leading or trailing silence, etc.

Anyway, I digress. ( I do discuss LOSSY & LOSSLESS here for those who are concerned )

I have used my time over the last week, to create (code) a program, that very much simplifies the complexity I had started to dive into. Basically the executable looks after the very complex Stage 4, while creating BAT files for Stages 5 & 7. Stage 6 is where you can do optional things like adding, cutting, fading, etc ... to which end I will provide BAT examples. I have called the program SoXcutterFE and it can be downloaded from here.

All of this is but a minor part of a very much bigger project I am working on. These here are independent tools (or steps) though, and not required by that project, which is all inclusive and using most of the 3rd party programs mentioned here and several more.

Here's some screenshots from my larger project. Audio DVD unlike DVD Audio plays on all DVD & Blu-ray players.

Name:  Project.jpg
Views: 2827
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  Video.jpg
Views: 2864
Size:  56.5 KB

Last edited by Saintly; 24th August 2015 at 21:53.
Saintly is offline   Reply With Quote