View Single Post
Old 12th June 2021, 18:30   #1743  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4sum1 View Post
8.0 is better than 7 and 8.1 in various ways. It has a better DWM than 7, but without the activation system of 8.1. It can be easily modded to use the 7 explorer, while 8.1 has buggy start menu replacements. It has the better performance of 8.x without the telemetry updates of 8.1.

Also, about support, 8.0 Embedded gets support until 2023 as well, and 8.0 embedded updates work on regular 8.0.
Fell free to use whatever outdated and end-of-live operating system you like – it is you who has to live with the implications. I could go on to elaborate on how irresponsibly it is to use an end-of-live operating system. But I know that trying to "proselytize" notorious update refusers is a totally pointless endeavor. So, do what you want, but do not expect software developers to care about such super-exotic configuration. Windows 8.x generally is a lost cause, because it never gained much popularity and was quickly superseded by Windows 10. But Windows 8.0 without the Windows 8.1 service pack in particular is such a niche configuration that it's not worth bothering...

(BTW: You are the first person to ever try running this software on Windows 8.0, and report back. I think that says it all.)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 12th June 2021 at 18:41.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote