View Single Post
Old 24th March 2003, 21:38   #3  |  Link
FreQi

Does using DVD2AVIT3 eliminate the need for converting the .TS's into VOBs (or aka mpeg2). That sounds like a nice time saver, but I also read somewehre that it's really easy to make these Transport Stream -> VOBs into DVD's (I have access to a burner). However, that should probably be a totally different thread...

I continued to poke around trying to figure out how to get my d2v into avisynth, and I managed to find out DVD2AVI v1.76 fixed me up. The .d2v file that DVD2AVI 1.77 was making didn't want to open in AVISynth 2.08 (I switched back to 2.0x when I couldn't get 2.5 to work with MPEG2DEC.DLL from Dividee). The problem I ran into was AC3 Audio. I would really like to keep ac3 audio with my encodes, however I do not know how to use avisynth to make my Trim()'s cut the audio as well. Is MarcFD's AC3Source what I am looking for? (it's an avs 2.5 filter, so I'll have to switchup to 2.5 and MPEG2DEC3.dll). In the past I have always worked with huffyuv avi's with wav audio. What I know I can do is use DVD2AVI to demux the audio to a 44.1 wav, then use AVISource().AudioDub() and just stick with vbr mp3. But when those 5.1 audio feeds come of the air, I'll really want to know how to keep AC3 (won't I?).

BTW, The reason I want to make avisynth do the video and audio cuts (instead of vdub) is because I bounce between divx 3.11a and xvid, and I want to make sure the material each is encoding is exactly the same. Trying to set the exact same frame cuts in vdub and then in nandub is a waste of time when I can just open the same .avs in the different programs.

Last edited by FreQi; 24th March 2003 at 21:45.
FreQi is offline   Reply With Quote