View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 15:21   #15  |  Link
thetrueavatar

Quote:
You really need to do some reading to understand the basic concepts of video encoding
. That's exactly what I'm currently trying to do^^. But I found hard to have a complete information so I have some gap in my knowledge. Already know about jpeg compression for intra-frame( Colorspace conversion, DCT, quantization, huffman encoding,... ) and some notion about temporal compression(i/p/b-frame, motion search vector). Here I was just wondering if q=2 in encoder meant constant matrix whith 2 or some kind of specific matrix with variable content.
I'm must admit however that I have trouble to figure out what frequencies mean for a video while it was pretty obvious for me for an audio signal(high frequency=highpitched, low frequency=low pitched). I know the Shannon theorem which allow the decomposition of a signal in a linear sum of sinus but does represent the signal for a picture.
Anyway I will try to read more to figure out. I'm interested in any pointer to documentation even with a lot of maths.
Thanks a lot for the given information.
Best Regards,

Last edited by thetrueavatar; 20th January 2016 at 16:38.
thetrueavatar is offline   Reply With Quote