View Single Post
Old 10th April 2016, 22:46   #954  |  Link
thahandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
[...]
I don't understand why it does that. Does it make sense to store the AC3+ stream without its core? AFAIK, the "+" extension cannot be decoded without the core. Correct?

Is it a known bug of MakeMKV ? If it's the case, should BD3D2MK3D prohibit to use the AC3+ streams from a 3D-MKV container created by MakeMKV ? Or should we report that bug to the MakeMKV staff ?

Thanks in advance if someone can help me understand that mess!
Seems its MakeMKV.

Dolby Digital Plus Problem

Dazkine Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:38 am
Quote:
yeah but also PowerDVD doesnt like what MakeMKV is producing...

Dolby Digital Plus on Bluray contains a Dolby Digital 5.1 Stream + 4ch encoded in Dolby Digital Plus.

A non DD+ capable device uses the Dolby Digital Stream
A DD+ capable device uses the Dolby Digital 5.1 Stream, but replaces the 2 rear channels with the four channels encoded in Dolby Digital Plus. That makes a 7.1 Signal (3.1 from the DD Stream, and 4.0 from the DD+ Stream)

Dolby Digital+ can also exist alone (Television, Streaming, HD-DVD), but on Bluray its like I said.

I guess MakeMKV is just producing 2 independent Audiostreams, but that doesnt work for Blurays. The Bluray Player always needs the DD Signal + the DD+ "extension".

So it's a mix of 2 audiocodecs.

It more like DTS-HD cause there the HD extension also needs the "core"

When you play back the original disc PowerDVD is reporting "Dolby Digital Plus 7.1"

Last edited by thahandy; 10th April 2016 at 22:48.