View Single Post
Old 7th August 2020, 06:35   #2243  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhw_pulsar View Post
Hello @foxyshadis,

Hope that I am not trolling too much, I of course agree on the technical side with you and the other impressive reference members here, but I contacted you about Xiph as you seem to know well Monty and this organization.

Do you think Xiph can be interested in the NHW Project? Unfortunately I can not have contact with them, and maybe just like Alliance for Open Media, Xiph is not interested in NHW because it does not work for any image resolution? And that's why my submissions at Xiph and AOM are ignored? I thought that NHW could be a good project for Xiph... (that's only my opinion of course), and certainly a better fit than AOM, but maybe Xiph also only supports excellent codecs and they don't estimate that NHW is one of them?

Many thanks.
Cheers,
Raphael
If you have something that pushes the state of the art, especially if it can be dropped in to a small code segment, not the whole codebase, and you are willing to give it away patent-free and can verify that no one else has patents on it, AOM wants to hear from you.

But they had to deal with getting things encoded and decoded in a reasonable time. AV1 seems slow, but it's miles ahead of what it could have been. Like MPEG, it chops out anything that isn't fast enough to make the cut, and maybe a refinement will make it next generation.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote