View Single Post
Old 21st January 2003, 06:53   #1  |  Link
tony140

finally, success. Here are my results

I am posting this thread to tell you my experience with Nero's problems burning DVD's. First off, I'm burning Ritek dvd-r 1x on a Sony dru500a. I used doom9's "getting the best out of CCE" to rip, re-encode, and author Goldmember. Prassi Primodvd isn't compatable with the sony dru500a, so that wasn't an option for me. My first try to burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files, I used Nero 5.5.9.17 in "DVD Video" mode. This disk palyed in my sony drive, but not my Apex 3201 or Playstation 2. Second attempt, I used imgtool 089 to build an image and then dvd decryptor to burn the image. Another failure. Very frustrated, I desparately searched these and other forums searching for another method. I read about Nero's reluctance to burn compatable dvd's, but a few posts suggested burning in "UDF" mode in Nero, so I tried that next. It wouldn't even read in my sony drive this time.

Then, I read a post that suggested burning with imgtools .99 and Nero 5.5.9.17. Finally, I have a compliant DVD that plays in my Apex 3201 and Ps2 (however there is some skipping in the Ps2, but I think that is due to the cheap media). I wrote this in hopes that anyone having trouble with Nero might get some more suggestions. These are only my results and can't be guarenteed to work.
tony140 is offline   Reply With Quote