View Single Post
Old 4th September 2003, 22:45   #65  |  Link
kempfand

@ davidv; Good to see you here. Bidule (despite beta) is indeed a great tool, and I would like to say 'Big Thanks' for it. If you / your team can implemnet an offline (render) mode, that would really rock :-)

@ EoH:
Quote:
I'm more than happy with Besweet !!!
The 'old' method with Ambidec (which does normalisation by default) and BeSplit achieves exactly the same. In other words: After B-Pan & B-Proc, the B-file could be saved with B-Rec, with subsequent Ambidec & BeSplit, and this would achieve the same as Emigrator & BeSweet -ota( -G max ).

@ bitsnbytes: Good catch. Using only B-Pan & Emigrator (w/o B-Proc), you would have to re-arrange the speaker set-up, as there would be a SC (surround center, in your back so-to-speak).

In order to avoid this, we used a 'trick': Rotating the sound-field by -36 degrees counter-clock-wise with B-Proc. Result is that you don't need a SC (surround center) speaker.

I know it might sound a bit confusing. It might help if you just draw the speaker-setup from Emigrator on a piece of paper. Channel-1 is slightly turned counter-clock-wise (by -37 degrees). Channel-3 is the surround-center (at the end of the minux-X axis).

Then, by literally turning the sound-field by -37 degress (counter-clock-wise), channel-1 becomes C, channel-2 becomes FL, cannel-3 becomes SL, etc.

Regards,

Andreas

Last edited by kempfand; 4th September 2003 at 22:56.