View Single Post
Old 26th July 2016, 18:06   #10  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
Actually, it isn't BS. All you have to do is one Google search and you'll find all sorts of posts about this. I don't have time to spend on this, so I'll just provide this single link. Since it is from this forum, and it quotes a senior member, it might hold some sway:

Is COMPOSITE just as good as S-VIDEO when recording from LASERDISC?

Years ago, when I first start watching my laserdiscs, shortly after I also got my first S-VHS VCR, I did lots of experiments using both S-Video and composite connections. The differences out of my VCR were obvious, but there were zero detectable differences between S-Video and composite connections when watching my laserdiscs.

So, from actual tests with my own eyes and my own equipment, I think the information is, in fact, correct.
didn't know videos on laserdiscs are already composite, anyways I know little about analog systems and I simply don't bother to get my hands on any analog video other than YPbPr/component RGB cuz that's just a lost cause, dot crawl and rainbow are the most evil artifacts imho, even more evil than compression artifacts

and hell, why can't people just take component video and be happy with it. cheap shit like composite and s-video, they need to be destroyed.

to the guy who invented composite video, Fuck You! (and the guy who invented s-video, the guy invented interlacing, the guy invented chroma subsampling, the guy invented limited range, the guy thought 8bpc was enough precision)

Last edited by feisty2; 26th July 2016 at 18:27.
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote