View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:12   #161  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
(1) I'm once again getting a few of the following warnings:

"Warning: pr_generic.cpp/generic_packetizer_c::add_packet(): timecode < last_timecode (00:59:30.600 < 00:59:30.667) for 1 of 'D:\test.mkv'. This should not have happened. Please contact the author with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you."

Interestingly the first warning is at *exactly* the half of the movie (but not at the timecode where the two EVOs were splitted).

Mosu, does this warning have any practical meaning? Does it mean I should trash the new MKV because there's a glitch in it? If yes, is the glitch only in the new MKV or also in the original one? FWIW, I've checked the video at the 3 places the warnings mentioned and didn't notice any glitches. Does that mean I can safely ignore the warnings?
Yes, if there are no problems watching the file (these warnings only apply to video tracks) then you can ignore them. Actually I've disabled the warning this afternoon (after having uploaded the current build though). It was meant for myself for detecting errors in mkvmerge. However, due to the nature of video track timecodes especially with advanced codecs this warning is more often simply bogus and can be ignored. It usually unsettles users, that's why I'm removing it.

Quote:
Besides, I'm always getting these warnings, if I remux one of the MKV files which were created by EVO -> Haali's Matroska Muxer. So this is not a problem related to the new EAC3 support. Maybe Haali's Matroska Muxer does something wrong?
Not necessarily

Quote:
(2) Muxing of the EAC3 track generally seems to work, at least I got no crashes, the file size seems to be right and the track is properly listed in MPC. Unfortunately I cannot really test whether the sound plays, because Haali's Media Splitter reports the EAC3 track in such a way that none of my EAC3 capable DirectShow filters can connect. I guess that's a problem in the Haali Media Splitter, cause the same thing happens if I use Haali's Media Splitter directly on EVO files or on MKV files with EAC3 in them created by Haali's Matroska Muxer.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I can use graphedit and connect Haali's splitter with the Intervideo Audio Decoder and with the Dump filter; this works with "EVO-to-MKV-with-Haali" file as well as with a "EAC3-to-MKA-with-mkvmerge" file. The results are byte identical, so I'm pretty confident that I haven't screwed up completely

Quote:
P.S: I'm not sure whether 0xeac3 is the correct way to sign the track. I think rather not.
I don't quite understand what you mean.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.