View Single Post
Old 24th March 2016, 20:53   #211  |  Link
Asmodian

I don't think I want to put more of that kind of information in the first post, it is meant to be a description of all the options, not really a guide. I want to keep the beginning of the post limited to only describing options.

I think I do mention everything you need to know about queues and present times already, but in the second post.

CPU queue size: [16] The buffer in system memory for decoded video and xySubFilter subtitles.
GPU queue size: [8] The buffer in the graphics memory for madVR’s rendering.
how many video frames shall be presented in advance or how many backbuffers shall be used: [8 or 3] A final buffer after madVR is done rendering.

At the start of "More Advanced Topics" I have:
"The sum of the average stats "deinterlace" (if present), "rendering", and "present" should be a bit below the frame time in the line "v-sync [X] ms, frame [Y] ms" to avoid dropped frames and presentation glitches."

Is this the information you were looking for or is there something else you want to know? Do I need a "Trouble Shooting" section in "Advanced Topics" so people do not miss it? Or maybe simply a "madVR OSD" section instead? I think I like that idea, I will add that before Advanced Topics.

I did update the description of "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" to:
Quote:
how many video frames shall be presented in advance or how many backbuffers shall be used: [8 or 3] The present queue, a final buffer in DirectX, after madVR sends completed frames to Windows.
Is this better?

Thanks.