View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:01   #240  |  Link
MonoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
@MonoS, That's right, Cycles is a ray tracing renderer:
https://www.blender.org/manual/rende...ght_paths.html

You can configure static noise pattern or random noise pattern. With static noise the noise reduction with the script does not work. The images I uploaded have random noise pattern.

I will analyze what you say and do some tests, it is a bit complicated to understand for me.

I'll upload a png sequence of 20 images at 16 bits for you can analyze if you want. But it will take some time because my bandwidth to upload is not good.
Thanks.
if you don't understand something don't be ashamed to ask, i've build up this knowledge across many years of experience across different subject [in which videogame and relative development are a crucial part ].

The reason why with the static noise the script doesn't work is because the script try to distinguish between detail and noise using the movement of the camera and the object and applying denoising only on what is changed between frames [in the case of my example script, 2 previous, the current and 2 successive frames], with static noise, as the name says, the noise don't move so for the script the noise become detail.

Maybe someone more expert than me can come up with an intelligent idea on how to remove the static noise using the fact that it's static and so a mask can be created to modify only the affected pixels, who know
MonoS is offline   Reply With Quote