View Single Post
Old 4th September 2003, 19:11   #59  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by davidv@plogue
Hello

1) There is allready a Gain module in Bidule,
in the toolbar (or right mouse button menu) under mixing/gain...
its a simple 2 in 2 out gain module

Hi David,

But.... how much gain do you have to give ?
Is there a way like OTA's -g max ??

Quote:

2) Sadly while our multichannel wav files are following the wav standard to the letter, since that format is uncommon, not many apps read them properly (ex MS Media player). I knew about Cool Edit and Audacity, but i didnt know about Adobe Audition, which is good to hear.

Adobe Audition = Coold Edit Pro 2.1 (They bought the program.)

Quote:

3) Bidule is a realtime application, and while we are very happy to learn its being used in this fashion (im waiting to set up my own 5.1+ setup to try this very soon, when my home theatre is done), It wasnt
made specifically for this task.

But it does a good job !!!!

Quote:

That said, this thread has waken up the need for a Offline (render) mode which would allow to process much faster than real time
(say, if in realtime bidule reports 10% cpu use, the offline mode would able - in theory process that 10 times faster) But you wouldnt be able to monitor it at the same time.

The value on the bottom of the screen gives sometimes strange results.... i don't know what really happens then, or if it's a bug somewhere in the "memory and cpu management".
load a module and use it...... cpu : 2.6 %
reload the module, do some modifications (other file names) : cpu 80 % and once even 105.67 % > hard reset to be able to work again....

Quote:

4)I have to look at why the settings are not saved properly, it seems its a bug that seem to affect soem VSTs and not others.

Cheers
And why it changes one setting without that setting being touched !

kind regards,

EoH