View Single Post
Old 12th January 2017, 12:15   #1142  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, macrea !

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. It seems that you want "to output losslessly to ISO". That is easy to do and there are several free or commercial programs able to extract the video, audio and subtitle streams (including the MVC stream with the 3D-Planes) from an original 3DBD and write them unchanged to a new ISO, It's just a copy, and the 3D-Planes should not be lost. You have just to verify thet they are correctly assigned to your subtitle streams during the remux. I think that TsMuxeR can do that perfectly, and you can easily see the original 3D-Planes assignments and assign them to your subtitle streams with its GUI. Is it what you want? If it's the case, you don't need BD3D2MK3D at all, and the copy is really lossless.

You wrote also "I'd like to be able to output to frame-packed ISO in order to keep the quality lossless as well as being compliant." The question is, what frame-packed format do you want? AVC+MVC like in the original BD3D? That's exactly what I have explained in the first paragraph. Or do you want to re-encode to AVC+MVC with the possibility to hardcode the subtitles? In that case, I don't think that there is a complete solution. Or do you just want to output as a single interleaved AVC stream (aka "Frame Sequential") and hardcode the subtitles? In that case, you can use BD3D2NK3D to generate the right frame sequential video stream, and use TsMuxeR to build the ISO. The 3D-Planes cannot be used with that kind of output, but since the subtitles are hardcoded, you don't need them any more. Anyway, only the first case is really lossless.

BD3D2MK3D is not designed to re-encode in MVC, or to output to an ISO. It can only re-encode to SBS, T&B or Frame Sequential, and that 3 formats require only AVC encoding. That means that BD3D2MK3D doesn't have the MVC encoder to encode the right video streams for a 3DBD. So, if you want to re-create a real 3DBD with the AVC and MVC video streams, you need another encoder. And currently, the only free MVC encoder is the Intel encoder, used for example by FRIM.

I can't help much more without knowing exactly what you want to do.

Last edited by r0lZ; 12th January 2017 at 12:20.