View Single Post
Old 1st July 2017, 23:34   #44256  |  Link
mrcorbo

Preliminary results from the new version running on a GTX 1060, Latest Nvidia Drivers (384.76), latest Fast Ring Insider Build of Windows 10 (16232).

Switching in and out of HDR mode works "the Nvidia way". Basically, it's identical to how invoking HDR mode on an Nvidia card worked prior to the Creator's Update. UI colors go all wonky, etc. But it does show the video in HDR.

When viewing an HDR video madVR default settings "Use DXVA chroma upscaling.." under "trade quality for performance" cause incorrect colors when in fullscreen.

FSE still doesn't present HDR for me, but non-FSE fullscreen doesn't crash anymore when passing HDR metadata so I can finally watch an HDR video in fullscreen.

Both closing MPC-HC and playing a non-HDR video after an HDR video trigger an Nvidia HDR to SDR mode change. So, for me, your workaround is working.

Edit:Also, if you follow up an HDR video with another HDR video it triggers the mode change again (and a few seconds of black screen) even though you're already in HDR mode.

Last edited by mrcorbo; 2nd July 2017 at 01:18.
mrcorbo is offline   Reply With Quote