View Single Post
Old 31st December 2013, 15:07   #6  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I haven't said that it is a virus. By definition, it is an adware, since it is ad-supported. You must understand that you cannot earn money (with ads or any other method) by forcing the creators of free tools to promote your program, and, even more important, by forcing the owners of the free tools developed by others to install your program.

Give us the possibility to include the avisynth plugin alone with our program, and we will be happy to credit you, and we will add a link to your program, for those that may be interested. But it is unacceptable to force the users of our tools to install your program anyway, especially because it's an adware.

Of course, any programmer is free to accept your conditions, but I doubdt you'll find one here at D9.

I do not impose anything. I just offer an alternative...

Do not you think that people can decide for itself among the options currently available?

e.g.:

1. Comercial program that costs a lot of $
2. Free application that redistributes a commercial codec in a dude way and has plenty of bugs, decoding glitches and washed colors.
3. Ad-supported software that offers good quality decoding / good speed / free of know bugs and is free to use (costs $0).
4. ...

Sorry for this off topic.
pistacho is offline   Reply With Quote