View Single Post
Old 25th January 2010, 11:10   #9  |  Link
Alba Ra

Okay, I am sorry about the menu - so you were right. I guess I am struggling with a problem (that's the aforementioned backup of HD DVD) and it either comes out as out-of-sync or using intermediary re-encoding (which is one encode too many).

Okay, I started the counting off of things but only to make sure that everything is clear. (I don't like it when posters don't address certain questions.) Since you seem to take offense at that I stop that.

But I said I am looking for a DVD authoring suite. The encoding option (as Ghitulescu mentions) would be just that - an option. But a suite is more than a tool. Too me. And I guess that's where we got off to a wrong start.

I am really sorry that you feel pissed off by me. But I always (from the beginning) mentioned AviSynth (which is my part to get the same sentiments that you feel) which needs encoding and can not be fed to either IfoEdit nor Muxman. (I don't think I did anything wrong in my insistance - upon re-reading this thread and my reponses.)

So let me rephrase my request:

A freeware or FLOSS DVD authoring suite that takes AviSynth scripts (which provides access to uncompressed video that will need re-encoding) and handle mulitple AC-3 and DVD subtitles without re-encoding (especially the audio, the subtitles I wouldn't mind).

---

And I said nothing against either manono nor the developper of Muxman. Muxman looks like a handy tool for DVD authoring of DVD-ready streams (at least the demo version). It just doesn't take AviSynth scripts. As I said, I did not specifically mention menu creation - and that's where I was wrong and for that, again, I sincerly apologize.

And please let me say this without you blowing off the candle again:
Just because someone has only a handful of post, you shouldn't take his for a ... well, I don't know - by using the word newbie might offend the newbies. I said I'm using this forum for years - though I'm not passing my time on it. I believe I use Doom9 (both website and forum) since maybe 2003 or even earlier (since I stopped using DVDx as it didn't allow me to control the output size and quality - though that may have changed). And I'd like to ask you, as politely as I can, to read all posts in a thread (unless it's hundreds of pages long, I think up to three pages can be expected) to see what a poster wants.

Neither the quote of manono was useful (as it spoke primarily of converting subtitles which was already done and said so, and no link was provided to see whether the rest of manono's original post could have been useful) nor was the lecture on the term DVD authoring (as the initial requirement was AviSynth which always necessitates encoding).

So, don't make me appear as the bad guy! Intransigent? If the answers - for which I grateful anyway, any response is better than no response at all - so if the answers don't take into account what was asked for, you'd be insisting as well!

Or, you could have simply said that to your knowledge there's no such thing and that you suggest an alternative solution.

Well, now you've managed it I appear as a rambling fool.

Last edited by Alba Ra; 25th January 2010 at 11:16.
Alba Ra is offline   Reply With Quote