View Single Post
Old 26th March 2008, 10:43   #26  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
Just a observation.

The thread you reference http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122283 is incorrect.

The function shown there when removed will remove the region check, however this is not the root function of the region check.
Its just code specific to that title.

The root function which requests the region from the player (and this will always be a constant, no matter what movie) is RegisterAccess.getInstance().getPSR(20) which is an integer containing the region.
I actually do not do exactly what is suggested in that thread. I do not target .class files with the main function, which checks the region. Instead I target .class files which contain region check functions called by that main function. You can see this if you open my classes.zip file and have a look at class files there and index.xml file. When I was developing this, the only title I had was "Fantastic Four 2". It had those region check functions in 'com/panasonic/common/theatre/LocalBDPlayer.class' file in 00001.jar archive. I thought that maybe such files are reused from title to title, and one such file recompiled for 3 regions and included in my database will cover many titles. Now I understand that it was rather naive to think that, and I still end up with title-by-title work. But anyway, this is better than nothing. The main thing is that there is infrastructure in place and support for new titles can easily be added.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote