View Single Post
Old 8th June 2020, 15:17   #17  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
How should I choose the framerate? I don't know how to guess.
Me neither, you still did not say what input framerate is.

Sorry, I meant that I've only ever used it with "Cycle based Naive" (3rd one in list) not "Global Naive" [with threshold].
If say input framecount is 3000 @ 30.0 FPS, and remove 1 from cycle of 6 frames, so,
output framecount = 3000 * ((6-1) / 6) = 2500 : in_frame_count * ((cycle-1)/cycle)
output framerate = 30.0 * ((6-1) / 6) = 25.0 FPS

The check is basically so it can ensure that no cockup has been made, and is probably not necessary, but I prefer as is, as it has told me of my error more than once.
I dont like the other modes of Multidecimate, I only ever used the one mentioned for N in Cycle decimation, I actually wrote it (Mdec2) for myself as Multidecimate
supported only YUY2. Somebody asked about YV12 support for Multidecimate, so I posted my personal use tool, MDec2.

If you need arbitrary decimation where output rate or framecount is not predictable and audio sync is not required, then I guess you are stuck with Multidecimate's other modes or some other dedupper, sorry.

Suggestions in addition to TDecimate,
ExactDeDup(), where dupes are bit exact duplicates, single bit different is not a dupe, this should be very fast where many identical dupes.
Duplicity2(), good where difficult to detect duplicates (where will interpolate dupes, or create a dupes file of dupe frame numbers).

EDIT: Maybe I try find time to see if I can skip the check, "Incompatible number of Frames" (or whatever is was).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 8th June 2020 at 15:34.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote