View Single Post
Old 18th August 2019, 09:25   #1633  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, thxoptimizer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxoptimizer View Post
Hi,

I converted my first movie yesterday successfully (BD3D2MK32 version 1.9 + AviSynth 2.6.0)

Q1) I am just worried about these errors :
Quote:
Done with errors!

* DTS-HD stream (track 3): bad frame detected at position00:25:56,928. Resync stream.
(...)
* DTS-HD stream (track 3): bad frame detected at position01:25:10,037. Resync stream.
* Warning: The AVC and MVC video streams do not have the same number of frames: 139855 and 139861. That means that the two streams are probably not synchronised properly, and that encoding this playlist to SBS or T&B may fail.
The script will be generated anyway.
But the outputfile seems normal so far (I didn't see the all movie though)
Hum, bad thing. The first error (bad audio frame) can happen when there are several M2TS files in the MPLS, but if you see a lot of them, they indicate probably that your BD image is damaged.

As far as I know, the second error occurs only when there are severe errors in one or both video streams. That confirms probably that the ISO image is bad. The symptom is that the two views will be out of sync after a certain point. That can be a real torture for the brain ! But if you are extremely lucky, it's simply some frames missing in at the very end of one of the two video streams, and in that case (but in that case only), you don't have to worry. To verify, just play the very end of the movie in 3D, and see if both views are in sync. (It's easy to verify with the end credits sequence, when the text is moving up. Watch it without your 3D glasses. The text of the two views must appear "merged" at the same vertical position.)

If the problem is confirmed, try to re-rip the BD, perhaps with another method. If the problem persists, that means that your BD is damaged, and there is probably nothing to do.
Quote:
Q2 : if I understand correctly, "forced subtitles" are not very frequent.
If I just care about the usual subtitles, what if the best choice to avoid complications? Radio button of my language + "default" radio button?
Indeed, forced subtitles (when they exist) are usually authored in their own separate stream. If there is only one subtitle stream in your language, I suggest to disable the option "Forced subtitles are authored in their own separate stream" and select the two streams in your language. If there are no forced subtitles in the main stream, BD3D2MK3D will display a warning at the end of the job, and the forced subtitle stream will simply be skipped.

If there are two or more streams in your language, try to determine what is what with the preview (use a good player like PotPlayer). The first stream is usually the main stream, but the second can be either the forced stream, or a special stream like directors comments or for hearing impaired.

If you are interested only in one subpic stream, it is sufficient to just select it. But if you select several streams, the Default radio-button can be used to force the subtitle to be the first available, and it sets also the "default" flag in the MKV header. That flag is supposed to instruct the player that it should enable that stream by default, but only a few players respect it. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to enable it.

Also, to "avoid complications", it might be a good idea to encode the subtitles on the video, with the "Hardcode subtitles" option in the last tab. The advantage is that you will see the subtitles with the correct depth, regardless of the player you use. The drawback is, of course, that you need to choose only one stream, and that it will be impossible to turn it off during playback. So, use that option preferably when you want to watch the movie in its original language and with the subtitles anyway.
Quote:
Suggestion : why BD3D2MK32 is not able to keep my preferences on the output folders when it is restarted?
The output folder is saved with the content of the tabs (except of course the BD specific stuff) when you use Settings -> Save Tabs Settings Now. (It is saved also when you quit the program, if the option to save the tabs settings on exit is enabled.) That way, you can configure the important things (like the encoding settings or the output directory) only once, save the settings, and then, when you do another BD, modify one or another parameter for the current BD without affecting your default settings.

Note that the settings from the Settings menu (used less frequently) are saved immediately anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th August 2019 at 09:50.