View Single Post
Old 8th January 2016, 09:44   #3  |  Link
Nullack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
rendering

general settings:
enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer): Only available on Nvidia and Intel GPUs. Uses a low level overlay method which bypasses the GPU LUT (monitor profile) so madVR emulates it when using this option, this is done in 16-bit so madVR can provide better quality than the GPU. Overlay also bypasses the OS to a large extent; screen-shots are not possible.
use Direct3D 11 for presentation (Windows 7 and newer): Use Direct3D 11 instead of D3D9. Requires a restart of madVR to take effect. Required for >8 bit output. Overrides windowed overlay.
present a frame for every VSync: when disabled madVR only presents new frames when needed, relying on D3D11 to repeat frames for each VSync. Disabled may improve performance but may also cause presentation glitches.
Hi

So even if I have enable window overlay set to on, if I have DX11 also set to on, the window overlay is disabled? The UI settings allow both to be on.

Since DX11 is required for >8bit output thats the option Im interested in. Is there any general commentary on the DX11 setting in practical use?

Testing on Win 10 x64 is showing many presentation glitches if the present frame for each Vysnc is not enabled. This is with my setup being Nvidia GTX 960, UHD 4K display through HDMI 60 FPS.

Thanks
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote