View Single Post
Old 13th June 2018, 19:34   #8  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Can't test before Sunday, just to get it straight what needs to be done to get a working Vapoursynth with all the plugins:
a. Download http://www.mediafire.com/folder/8xulo6r12tqbv which contains the installer and D2V Source, FFMS2 and LSMASHSource.
b. Go to https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wvdlnjapm1vvw and download the latest 7z from each folder, extract the dylib file and place it into the plugins folder (/usr/local/lib/vapoursynth)
Is that all or do I have to do anything else?
That is all that needs to be done.

Quote:
Are the dependencies compiled statically into the dylib files? Do the dependencies come with the installer or is there something else to do?
Dependencies are shared libs that will need to be placed in the lib folder. The dependencies for things in the installer are included, but any plugin that lists a needed dependency above will need to be downloaded from the dependencies folder. The installer creates a folder on the desktop with shortcuts to the locations in which dependencies, executables, plugins, and scripts need to be placed.

Quote:
@l33tmeatwad: how about adding the .dylib files to a git repository on github or similar, so getting the latest versions could be done with a 'git clone --depth=1 <remote_repo_url>' ?
(always having to check all the folders by hand for updates and extracting the 7z files seem bothersome )
Sorry, for now this is the distribution method, it is just the easiest for me to get things packaged up and distributed. I suppose I could repackage them in another format at a later time with something the native OS supports.

Quote:
Ps.: @l33tmeatwad: any change of an uninstaller for the base installer? Something that would remove everything the installer added to the system?
It's on the to-do list. For now the main way to remove it is to delete /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework. If you want all of it removed you can run the following terminal commands:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/ffmsindex
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/vspipe
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/vspython
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/vapoursynth
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libvapoursynth-script.dylib
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libvapoursynth.dylib
l33tmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote