View Single Post
Old 27th September 2019, 10:10   #1697  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I did some tests.

There was a little bug in my code, but that bug should not have any impact, except on some warning messages. When the 32 or 64-bit version of AviSynth is not installed, the message in the About -> AviSynth Version dialog was wrong. Instead of "AviSynth **-bit is not installed", the message was "This version of AviSynth **-bit is not supported by BD3D2MK3D. Use it at your own risk." And I suppose (but I have not tested) that the first warning dialog appearing on startup when no AviSynth at all is found was not shown. But anyway, that bug is not related to the problem you have reported. In the worst case, it was possible to generate a project without knowing that it cannot be launched. Of course, I have fixed that bug, but I don't think I'll release a new version just for that little problem. (The dialogs below have been generated after the bug fix.)

That being said, here is a description of my tests.

I have first uninstalled AviSynth+. The uninstaller has correctly restored my old AviSynth classic, and it has been correctly recognized by BD3D2MK3D.

Then, I have uninstalled AviSynth classic. No problem, but of course, BD3D2MK3D cannot work. However, the dialog telling that AviSynth is required was not shown at startup, due to the bug explained above.

Finally, I have re-installed the classic version. There is now only a warning in the status bar and the log window explaining that AviSynth+ 64-bit is recommended on a 64-bit system. And the About -> AviSynth Version menu shows this:
Quote:
---------------------------
BD3D2MK3D
AviSynth 32 Bit: AviSynth 2.60, build:Mar 31 2015 [16:38:54] (2.6.0.6)
This is the last stable version of the "classic" AviSynth, not developed any more.
There is nothing to update.

AviSynth 64 Bit: n/a
AviSynth 64-bit is not installed.

Please note that AviSynth+ 64-bit is much faster than the currently installed version of AviSynth 32-bit. It is strongly recommended to install at least the 64-bit version of AviSynth+.

Visit download pages for AviSynth classic and AviSynth+ ?
Yes No
So, it seems that AVSVersion32.exe does its job correctly, and if it doesn't recognise your installation, it's probably because it has been installed manually and that something is missing or wrong. I suggest to re-install AviSynth classic with its installer, and everything should be fine.

Finally, I have installed AviSynth+ 64-bit ONLY, and as I suspected, the classic installation has not been modified:
Quote:
BD3D2MK3D
AviSynth 32 Bit: AviSynth 2.60, build:Mar 31 2015 [16:38:54] (2.6.0.6)
This is the last stable version of the "classic" AviSynth, not developed any more.
There is nothing to update.

AviSynth 64 Bit: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2772, MT, x86_64) (0.1.0.0)
AviSynth+ 64-bit is supported by BD3D2MK3D.

Visit download pages for AviSynth classic and AviSynth+ ?
Yes No
So, it seems that everything works fine. Please let me know if you find the origin of the problem. Perhaps your classic AviSynth.dll is not in Windows\SysWOW64 (where it should be installed on a 64-bit system) ?