View Single Post
Old 11th January 2006, 05:32   #63  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
I am understandably disheartened having wasted 12 hours, and nothing but 15.2 MB of sourcename.stats.temp to show for it, not even a decent error message to tell me why it broke.
Yes, I can understand how you feel. Unfortunately, it may not be MeGUI causing the problem. Since the job is flagged as an error, it appears that x264 returned an error code, suggesting some problem external to MeGUI. As x264 normally will return an error message if it has an error, and MeGUI will always return this, I think that this error could be an AviSynth error. Try just doing a pass through this file to see if it causes any errors. You could do this with mplayer.

mplayer commandline:
Code:
mplayer -benchmark -vo null your-file.avs
Quote:
Since it did seem to run pass 1 to the end, can I start pass2 with that temp file? or is it all lost? using sharktooth's r396D package.
Well, you can check if it ran to the end by looking at the file in a text editor, and seeing if the highest frame number is equal to, or close enough to, the number of frames. If not, you can also take this an estimate of where it failed, and trim the video to just that section and see if it fails again.

And finally, good bug report. Thank you. Pity there's not much information to work with.