View Single Post
Old 7th September 2005, 19:16   #12  |  Link
mic

If I remember correctly, there are a couple of threads on bit accurate recording from Lasedisc -- not sure it's possible, but again if I remember correctly.

RE: Soundblaster and bit accurate...

Best info source I've found is the driverheaven.net forums. My personal opinion is that bit-acurate spdif recording is possible on *Some* cards... This is with creative or KX drivers -- I've seen good and bad reports with both. There's usually a pretty good variety for any of their models with various OEM & value versions plus updated designs -- hopefully someone has posted yes or no for your model number (on card itself), or with notebook adapter.

As far as Audigy2 goes, simple enough to jumper connector (if it has one) to turn on extra features including controls for bit-accurate transfer to give it a shot. See the above forum for pix & details & better drivers or KX. There's also a simple control panel mod that *might* work.

An alternative if bit-accurate not possible, with the card jumpered should be able to use spdif inputs & decode ac3 with the card and record the results.
mic is offline   Reply With Quote