View Single Post
Old 14th March 2018, 12:37   #1440  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-moose View Post
I get a lot of crashes with x264, sometimes at the very end of the encode (seems completed but the exe crashes) and sometimes in the middle. I did however update x264 to a newer version than the old 2851 that comes in the pack. I'm unsure if that's the cause or the switch to FRIM for default decoder.
There have been several reports of x264 crashes lately (reported above in this thread). Try an older exe, and if you have an Intel CPU, try to disable the hardware acceleration for the MVC decoder. Anyway, since I'm not involved in the development of x264, I can't help much more. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-moose View Post
Also the demux/project making seems to take a lot longer now but I could be wrong. I had one take over 2h on an SSD. It did have a lot of subtitles to go through but it wasn't the first time and I can't recall it taking so long.
Indeed, the conversion of the subtitles to 3D takes a lot of time and sometimes (but rarely) it is necessary to do an additional pass to convert them properly. Also, converting lossless audio (especially DTS-HD-Master) to AC3 and especially AAC is very slow. Otherwise, the speed of the demux (the longest operation) has certainly not changed, since the demux is still done with the same version of tsMuxeR. If the demux takes really longer, I would suspect a problem related to your hardware, the drivers, or Windows.