View Single Post
Old 4th July 2021, 17:14   #59  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
Asmodian is not madshi, is he? madshi has proven himself over the years to be very strict and organized about those things. I would never expect "disable calibration controls" to do hidden assumptions and do implicit conversions when there is explicit option "this display is calibrated" to set properties of the display.

Quote:
Also to not make empty assumptions I found the posts that I remembered.
this is not based on empty assumption it'S more based on tests and Asmodian don't writes these parts down if he didn't test them.
and i just tested live version 0.92.17 and it clearly behaviours as usual it assumes BT 709. madVR has to work out of the box the far majority of user doesn't know what either bt 709 nor bt 2020 are and that'S absolutely ok.
Quote:
Optimal or not it is still better than trying to display bt.2020 without adaptation. Also if you have a 3DLUT for your monitor you will get best result
been using 3D LUT for years now hell my meter get's so old i think about replacing it just because it could drift to far.

Quote:
I can't comment on that, I don't see any of your issues. I'm using latest LAV and madVR b135, HLG content is processed as SDR one. As I would expect if it is not supported.
it's only one system and clearly needs more testing but i have to setup and calibrate a new Tv and it's taking a long time so i can't do a proper test right now.

as sad before my other system with the live none beta version behaviours like the past and assumes BT 709 test with HDR 10 and proper BT 2020 flag test file i just found. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ic9...rSw6y1mYv/edit
HLG is not assumed to output bt709 this is inconsistent behaviour if tone mapped or not the displays output characteristic hasn't changed when both output SDR.

the new BETA version have a change for HLG because madVR got nuts when HLG meta was send to it which lav filter doesn't do "yet" with madVR.
was great fun: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...43#post1930343
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote