View Single Post
Old 12th November 2019, 23:26   #57774  |  Link
d3rd3vil

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i personally not aware of a situation where NGU sharp is better then NGU aa for chroma i would generally use NGU AA or super xbr for chroma. this is totally different from image doubling chroma where the same algorithm is preferred and that what madVR trys to use.

you find add grain under upscale refinements in the past it was only usable for NGU sharp i know it works for NGU AA too now but not sure about the rest of the scaler. the grain is added before scaling this somehow help NGU sharp in upscaling beware at a low resolution the grain can get quite big.

RCA and RRN have heavy effects on the image quality even on good source that's why it should be set depending on the source.
the results of NGU sharp change heavily if they are used because NGU sharp can't handle low image quality/compression artifacts and often enhance them.
RCA and RRN make the image pretty soft so using some sharpening filter to counter this is a good idea in such a situation but again heavily depends on the content so i can't do a recommendation here.
God bless you I will try the good stuff
d3rd3vil is offline   Reply With Quote