View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 12:41   #18  |  Link
GMJCZP

Thanks manolito.

I have not reviewed your contribution but it seems fantastic that the results of my experiments serve something, the creation of this post came to me like a finger ring for this moment has arrived. Thanks to pojke.

Edit: manolito, I check your script slightly, I understand that for b_sensitivity to work b_strategy must be set to 1 on the first pass.

Edit2: lol, according to the MPlayer manual (b_strategy<=>FFMpeg ; vb_strategy<=>MEncoder):

Quote:
vb_strategy=<0−2> (pass one only)

strategy to choose between I/P/B-frames:

Always use the maximum number of B-frames (default).

Avoid B-frames in high motion scenes. See the b_sensitivity option to tune this strategy.

Places B-frames more or less optimally to yield maximum quality (slower). You may want to reduce the speed impact of this option by tuning the option brd_scale.

b_sensitivity=<any integer greater than 0>

Adjusts how sensitively vb_strategy=1 detects motion and avoids using B-frames (default: 40). Lower sensitivities will result in more B-frames. Using more B-frames usually improves PSNR, but too many B-frames can hurt quality in high-motion scenes. Unless there is an extremely high amount of motion, b_sensitivity can safely be lowered below the default; 10 is a reasonable value in most cases.
So putting brd_scale would no longer be necessary, unless you want to use b_strategy = 2, which changes things.

Edit3: manolito, the Fox New matrix is the one that provides the highest quality with high bitrates?

GMJCZP's Arsenal

Last edited by GMJCZP; 6th June 2017 at 13:19.
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote