View Single Post
Old 14th July 2017, 06:55   #1205  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your test, but, normally, you don't need to provide the full path because the LoadHelper.dll (with the full path) is there to add its path to the search path of avisynth. It's the (only) goal of LoadHelper: You can simply specify the path once, and all other LoadPlugin commands can be specified without the full path (as long as the DLLs are in the same directory, of course). You can verify that LoadHelper works if you use DGMVCDecode instead of FRIM.

All versions of BD3D2MK3D since a long time use that technique and it has always worked. On my computer, the LoadPlugin("FRIMSource.dll") works as expected. The old FrimSource.dll works fine without specifying its path, but the new one crashes, with or without its path. And when the DLL is not found, avisynth displays a clear error message in the video, something like "LoadPlugin: unable to load "full\path\to\plugin.dll" ...". It is not shown for me, and it's an evidence that the plugin is found and loaded (or, at least, avisynth tries to load it).

Anyway, for my tests here, I have not used LoadHelper, and I have specified the full path to FRIMSource.dll, with the same result. It crashes. And BTW, it crashes without any error message by avisynth. I can only see the infamous Windows dialog "An avisynth script editor has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. [Cancel]". :-(

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th July 2017 at 07:12.