View Single Post
Old 13th October 2017, 12:30   #14386  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
To sumarize the problem here.

I found two kind of EAC3 streams detected by eac3to without core (2 English) or with core (3 Spanish) like is show here (sample):
Hi @tebasuna51,

It would seem that most if not all our current tools are unable to correctly identify Dolby Digital Plus audio streams

Have you noticed that when you run your 'Eac30.m2ts' sample file through TSmuxerGUI that it reports the first audio track as having 17 channels. And when you run the same file through MediaInfo it's unable to detect the AC3 cores at all. Or identify that the second audio track has been encoded with 7.1 channels.

By contrast, my Oppo UDP-203 is able to identify the first audio track as being a 5.1 channel Dolby Digital Plus stream and second audio track as being a 7.1 channel Dolby Digital Plus stream. But neither of my LG 'smart' TV's (which support Dolby Digital Plus) are able to detect either of the audio streams at all (ie: total silence). But my Panasonic 'smart' TV can detect the first audio stream.

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 13th October 2017 at 12:33.