View Single Post
Old 9th January 2010, 18:16   #6567  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
no it's not. for example the latest family guy (something something something dark side) is 1.33.

I think you got lost somewhere, the whole point is exactly that, that everything needs to be 16:9 (it actually doesn't, my bluray player will play 1440x1080 which is 1.33, but I have to change tv settings to make it not stretch to 16:9) and being able to add pillarboxes would allow you to make 1.33 into 16:9
I am not talking about your TV or your blu-ray player. Your BD can also play DVDs which are in 4:3. What I am talking about is AVCHD. I have never tried to created a 4:3 movie in here because everything I use for this program is some version of widescreen. All I am telling you is that even if you try to crop out the letterboxing like you would normally do for an MKV, it will cause the AVCHD not to play in your BD player.

So, is the problem that in RipBot it automatically stretches your 4:3 video to widescreen? My understanding is that any video file was just placed into the 16:9 frame (pillarboxes and/or letterbox).
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote