View Single Post
Old 11th September 2016, 23:14   #233  |  Link
oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
I always use LAV as it is inbuilt into the latest MPC-HC.

I had already tested this with the default Win10 provided drivers with the same results. The only way to be sure would be to reinstall Win10 from scratch. Not something I would willingly do lightly.

The only way I have got playback to work is by ticking DX11. Exclusive mode seems to work fine 'most' of the time but I have the odd video that gives a MadVR error in the top left corner. Sometimes they playback fine without exclusive mode selected.

What I have found is that unticking *BOTH* 'delay switch to exclusive mode by 3 seconds' and 'present several frames in adance' has helped prevent dropped frames when playing back VFR sources. Also running at 60Hz and selecting Smooth Motion does the same thing (not dropped frames on VFR).

Unticking 'Delay playback until render queue is full' prevents MPC-HC locking up with a blank screen on the HDTV going to fullscreen. If I open it on the monitor instead it plays back no problemo. If I then force it to fullscreen on the HDTV it just locks up MPC-HC.

BTW when I upgrade AMD's drivers I always DDU in safe mode.
EDIT: MPC-BE does not lockup up when going fullscreen to my HDTV when all the above three options I mentioned are ticked. I tried setting MPC-BE exactly the same as MPC-HC is except MPC-BE does not have LAV built in so I used LAV as external filters. I tried uninstalling MPC-HC completely and reinstalled and as soon as I selected MadVR as the renderer it played once and once only with those 3 options ticked. After that it locks up again going fullscreen on the HDTV at launch. MPC-BE with LAV filters and everything set the same as in MPC-HC works perfectly. I don't know what that tells me really though. I still get dropped frames on VFR so it does not fix that issue.

EDIT2: OK simply by switching to MPC-BE has solved a lot of issues. Not all of them. But most. I can now play with DX11 unticked. I can also enable delay playback and I get a lot less dropped frames on VFR sources. I still have to untick 'present several frames in advance' on the exclusive section though.

Last edited by oddball; 11th September 2016 at 23:56.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote