View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 20:36   #7  |  Link
friolator

Ok, so we're back up and running, piping the video through Avisynth. However, in order to open the Quicktime we still need to use ffms. After much research, it seems that the best results are to use the following avisynth script to open the file:

Quote:
Download the modified FFMS2 version of SAPikachu (here: http://nmm.me/vg). Use AviSynth 2.6 and open the video with:
Code:

FFVideoSource("video.mov",enable10bithack=true) #10bit in stacked format
f3kdb_dither() #flash3kyuu_deband, you can also use DitherTools
#You are in YV16 colorspace now.
(from here)

This is great because it also gets us good dithering from 10bit source - but to load up a feature film it takes forever to index, and since we'll only ever use x264 with ProRes or Uncompressed Quicktime files (never GOP-based source files), is there an alternative that gets you the same result as above, but without the wait for an index file? I can see the need to create an index file for GOP based source files before you can do any trimming, but I don't see why it's necessary for our situation, using frame-based formats like Uncompressed Quicktime.

According to the thread above, using QTSource probably isn't a good idea because it lacks proper 10->8bit dithering, which we need.

Thanks!
friolator is offline   Reply With Quote