View Single Post
Old 29th August 2008, 18:30   #311  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

does anyone in the DivX team care that Remoulade doesn't give the correct frame rate to Reclock ?

at this point it says 25fps in Reclock, and 0.02fps in ffdshow

I know it's legacy software, yet many ppl still use it as it is the only way to get stable frame rate on PC.

and CoreAVC/ffdshow work perfectly fine....so why not Remoulade ?

it's been tested on many differents computers.

maybe something wrong with IMediaSample ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...91(VS.85).aspx

I'm a registered beta-tester of Remoulade if that matters(under the same login)

thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch.fr View Post
very impressive decoder!

the beta2 is so tight jitter-wise in MPC HC compared to ffdshow, and not blocky like CoreAVC(I use LSF in ffdshow and I don't like how CoreAVC looks).

MPC HC(in custom EVR mode) doesn't like how ffdshow doesn't make a smooth decoding(dirty MT) it creates too much jitter, this one is simply perfect.

except that all my 23.976/24 fps files(quicktime HD trailers, MKV, ts) are recognized as 25.000 fps in Reclock with the latest version of Haali's Media Splitter

and w/o ffdshow(doing LSF and RGB32 conversion), MPC says "0 FPS", so it seems that there's some major hiccup in providing the other DS filters with the frame rate info..

these 23.976/24 fps files are properly recognized with CoreAVC/ffdshow.......it was too good to be true I guess

OTOH 25/29.97fps are properly recognized with Remoulade beta 2, on XP SP3

EDIT : ran more tests.

Remoulade alone, MPC sees 23.976fps
Remoulade + ffdshow post-processing, still 23.976
Remoulade + Reclock 1.7b4, it says "cannot detect video frame rate"
Remoulade + ffdshow + Reclock, it says "25 fps"

it works perfectly fine with CoreAVC and the ffdshow h264 decoder..

PS : same problem occurs to several friends of mine also using Reclock, but for them sometimes it works for 23.976, sometimes it doesn't ?!

Last edited by pitch.fr; 30th August 2008 at 09:54.
pitch.fr is offline   Reply With Quote